Oly Float is proud to offer a pay-it-forward program for our active and veteran military service men and women, and actively collaborates with Sound Sound Veterans Partnership to help veterans discover floating as one of the therapies available to them.
Active military and veterans are among those who benefit the most from the unique combination of benefits that floating and sensory deprivation offer. In combination with other traditional therapies, it can be an incredible tool for unwinding the effects of PTSD and its many co-factors, such as depression and anxiety. Additionally, the large transdermal (via skin) exposure of magnesium-rich Epsom salts is one of the most effective ways of physically de-stressing the body. Many vets find the solitude of the float tank environment to be a refreshingly different and comfortable space for processing their personal thoughts.
- Our Freedom Floats program provides other floaters an opportunity to give back by donating into a float fund.
- Those who are on a Float Club membership can opt to have one of their monthly floats automatically donated into the Freedom Floats fund.
- Active military and veterans can sign up to be notified when new floats are available in the fund.
- Names for assigning Freedom Floats are chosen randomly, and we’ll choose give preference to someone who has not had the opportunity to experience floating before over someone who has already floated. In the event that all subscribed fund recipients have floated before, we’ll simply go down the list sequentially based on subscription date.
- No personal identification between giver and receiver will ever occur; this a totally anonymous pay-it-forward model.
Donate To or Receive From The Freedom Floats Fund
To either donate or receive from the Freedom Floats Fund, please just send us an email at email@example.com explaining what you would like, and we’ll take it from there.
If you’re donating to the fund, and we don’t already have your information in our system, please include your phone number with your message.
If you’re requesting floats from the fund, please just include a very quick summary of your military service. Nothing too detailed, just the basics.